Campo Cerrado is a young Brazilian production company headed by the siblings Érika Santos (producer, actress) and Cássio Pereira dos Santos (writer, director), who've been working in the film/TV industry since 2001.
Our company develops and produces thought-provoking films and TV projects, providing relevant content and engaging stories, mostly for children and young people. We are committed to creating audiovisual experiences that are able to entertain kids, stimulate critical thinking and artistic reflection on contemporary issues.
At the film festival circuit, we've been invited to compete at Aspen ShortsFest, Palm Springs, Chicago Children's Film Festival, TIFF.kids (Canada), Giffoni Film Festival (Italy), Fribourg Film Festival (Switzerland), Hamburg (Germany), Prix Jeunesse Int'l Munich, NHK Japan Prize, São Paulo Int'l Film Festival + other 200 events. Awarded at New York Int'l Children's Festival, Tokyo, Taipei, Buenos Aires, Montevideo + 50 prizes.
In Brazil, our projects were licensed to several TV channels and youth-related educational projects. Our films were also licensed in Japan, South Korea, United States, Switzerland, Argentina and England (TV, VOD, airline entertainment, DVD collections, etc).
Currently we are pre-producing the following projects:
- VALENTINA: Live Action Theatrical Feature Film / LGBT; coming-of-age. Target audience: Teenagers. Delivery: December 2019.
- TAMBORES DO REI AMBRÓSIO (Fully Financed): TV Documentary. Delivery: July 2020.
Other projects in Development:
- ESTRELA SEM CÉU / SKYLESS STAR: Theatrical Feature Film, directed by Guilherme Macedo.
- A TERRA E OS SONHOS: Live Action Theatrical Feature Film / Children's Film. Target audience: 8-12.
- AS IRMÃS CARVALHO: Live Action, Comedy TV Series.
- Téo & Mei: Animated TV Series. Target audience: pre-schoolers.
- Untitled Horror Teen Project. Live Action, Theatrical Feature Film.
Besides creating and producing our own projects, we offer project development and production related services for the film and TV industries.